Location & Access
- Bus – Normally buses run regularly during winter from Sydney and Canberra but for 2020 season check out updates of bus companies.
- Air – Either Canberra or Cooma (Rex – www.rex.com.au or www.snowymountainsairport.com.au). Shuttle buses operated are available from Canberra on Fridays and Sundays. Brett Ryland also does airport transfers from Cooma and Canberra – 0497 888444
>>See the Perisher website for more information about Bus companies and Airports
- Car – Perisher is about 6 hours drive from Sydney, 2 hours from Canberra or 8 hours from Melbourne. There is no overnight parking in Perisher Valley. See “Parking” below.
There is no overnight parking up in Perisher Valley. (There is only day car parking.)
- Park at the Skitube at Bullocks Flat (about 15 mins from Jindabyne on the road to Thredbo) and catch the train to Perisher. There is no charge for parking but the train is $116 return per adult, $64 return per child if bought in advance. The train runs regularly until 6pm when it is on an hourly schedule. Due to restrictions on numbers this season you must prebook the train and it is advised that in busy times you drive to Perisher, drop everyone off and one person drives back to the skitube at Bullocks Flat.
- Car Minding in Jindabyne – Sawpit Valet Service (0490 188824) or Snowy Mountain Shuttles (0497 888444). They will drive you up to Perisher and collect you at an agreed time. Cost varies depending on the number of people – cost effective if you have three adults or more. Check your insurance if they are driving your car. Snowy Access (0497 827339) also offer transfer services.
Transfers to the hotel
Hans Oversnow do all the transfers in Perisher. Their desk is located on the upper level of the skitube building. Their prices (not included with your accommodation) are $20 per adult/ $10 per child including luggage. They will be limiting numbers in their vehicles and gloves must be worn. It may be worth considering sending one person up to the hotel with the luggage and the others walk or ski.
Equipment hire in the resort
- Perisher Ski Hire – 5 mins walk (on snow) from the hotel. Can get quite busy in peak periods.
- Rhythm Smiggins – at Smiggins https://rhythmsmiggins.com.au/ (02) 6457 5224. Our guests can receive a discount. A free shuttle bus runs continuously between Perisher and Smiggins (5 mins).