Location & Access
- Bus – Buses run regularly during winter from Sydney and Canberra.
- Air – Either Canberra or Cooma (Rex – www.rex.com.au or www.snowymountainsairport.com.au). Shuttle buses operated by Snowscene (07 3392 1722) are available from Canberra on Fridays and Sundays. Brett Ryland also does airport transfers from Cooma and Canberra – 0497 888444
>>See the Perisher website for more info about Bus companies and Airports
- Car – Perisher is about 6 hours drive from Sydney, 2 hours from Canberra or 8 hours from Melbourne. There is no overnight parking in Perisher Valley. See “Parking” below.
There is no overnight parking up in Perisher Valley. (There is only day car parking.)
- Park at the Skitube (at Bullocks Flat Terminal) (about 15 mins from Jindabyne on the road to Thredbo) and catch the train to Perisher. You are not required to carry snow chains. There is no charge for parking but the train is $95 return per adult, $51 return per child (a bit cheaper if bought online in advance). The train runs regularly until 6pm when it is on an hourly schedule.
- Car Minding in Jindabyne – with either Arnie 0407 711 908 or Sawpit Mick 0412 045 894; Arnie or Mick will drive you up to Perisher in your car and collect you at an agreed time. Cost is $170 (in 2017) plus park entry fees – cost effective if you have three adults or more. Note that your insurance must cover Arnie/Mick’s drivers.
Transfers to the hotel
Hans Oversnow do the transfers for us from the Perisher Skitube to the hotel (included in your tariff). They have a desk on the upper level of the Perisher Valley skitube station. There is no need to advise your arrival time. Note that there is a surcharge payable for transfers between midnight and 7am.
Equipment hire in the resort
Two options at the Perisher Resort:
- Perisher Ski Hire – 5 mins walk from the hotel. Can get quite busy in peak periods.
- Rhythm Snowline – at Smiggins www.snowlineskicentre.com.au. Our guests can receive a discount. You can book online and save. A free shuttle bus runs continuously between Perisher and Smiggins (5 mins).