Location & Access
- Car – Perisher is about 6 hours drive from Sydney, 2 hours from Canberra or 8 hours from Melbourne.
- Bus – Buses run regularly during winter from Sydney and Canberra.
- Air – Either Canberra or Cooma (Rex – www.rex.com.au or www.snowymountainsairport.com.au). Shuttle buses operated by Snowscene (07 3392 1722) are available from Canberra on Fridays and Sundays. Brett Ryland also does airport transfers from Cooma and Canberra – 0497 888444
There is no overnight parking in Perisher Valley.
- Park at the Skitube – at Bullocks Flat (about 15 mins from Jindabyne on the road to Thredbo) and catch the train to Perisher. There is no charge for parking but the train is $87 return per adult, $48 per child return (a bit cheaper if bought online in advance). The train runs regularly until 6pm when it is on an hourly schedule.
- Car Minding – with either Arnie 0407 711 908 or Sawpit Mick 0412 045 894 in Jindabyne; Arnie or Mick will drive you up to Perisher in your car and collect you at an agreed time. Cost is $160 (in 2016) plus park entry fees – cost effective if you have three adults or more. Note that your insurance must cover Arnie/Mick’s drivers.
Transfers to the hotel
Hans Oversnow do the transfers for us from the Perisher Skitube to the hotel (included in your tariff). They have a desk on the upper level of the Perisher Valley skitube station. There is no need to advise your arrival time. Note that there is a surcharge payable for transfers between midnight and 7am.
Equipment hire in the resort
- Perisher Ski Hire – 5 mins walk from the hotel. Can get quite busy in peak periods.
- Snowline Ski Rentals – at Smiggins www.snowlineskicentre.com.au. Now run by new owners, Rhythm Hire –previously our guests have received a discount. A free shuttle bus runs continuously between Perisher and Smiggins (5 mins).