Location & Access
- Bus – Normally buses run regularly during winter from Sydney and Canberra but for 2020 season check out updates of bus companies.
- Air – Either Canberra or Cooma (Rex – www.rex.com.au or www.snowymountainsairport.com.au). Shuttle buses operated are available from Canberra on Fridays and Sundays. Brett Ryland also does airport transfers from Cooma and Canberra – 0497 888444
>>See the Perisher website for more information about Bus companies and Airports
- Car – Perisher is about 6 hours drive from Sydney, 2 hours from Canberra or 8 hours from Melbourne. There is no overnight parking in Perisher Valley. See “Parking” below.
There is no overnight parking up in Perisher Valley. (There is only day car parking.)
- Park at the Skitube (at Bullocks Flat Terminal) (about 15 mins from Jindabyne on the road to Thredbo) and catch the train to Perisher. You are not required to carry snow chains. There is no charge for parking but the train is $116 (in 2020) return per adult, $63 (in 2020) return per child (You should buy it online in advance). The train runs regularly until 6pm when it is on an hourly schedule.
- Car Minding in Jindabyne – Sawpit Valet Service (0490 188824) . They will drive you up to Perisher in your car and collect you at an agreed time. Cost is $260 including park entry fees – cost effective if you have three adults or more. Note that your insurance must cover their driver.
Transfers to the hotel
Hans Oversnow do the transfers from the Perisher Skitube to the hotel (Not included in your tariff). They have a desk on the upper level of the Perisher Valley skitube station. There is no need to advise your arrival time. Note that there is a surcharge payable for transfers between midnight and 7am.
Equipment hire in the resort
- Perisher Ski Hire – 5 mins walk (on snow) from the hotel. Can get quite busy in peak periods.
- Rhythm Smiggins – at Smiggins https://rhythmsmiggins.com.au/ (02) 6457 5224. Our guests can receive a discount. A free shuttle bus runs continuously between Perisher and Smiggins (5 mins).